Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Footprints Make Blueprints

Poof!  I'm a blogger now.  Add this to my list of awesomeness.  Also, excuse my grammar and spell checks.  If it were anything else I'd go Mrs. Plocek all up in here, but I'm gonna live on the edge a little... here we go.

So I'm just gonna put it all in a nutshell here even though Steph (my wife) will tell you that's impossible for me to do.  Let's start with chapter 1.  I will ultimately say growing up wasn't easy.  In fact it was very tough.  But I will never say I grew up a hard life.  I will always say I grew up in a character building environment.  Shit, I'll just say it... we were poor as shit.  Not like rope for a belt poor, more like used glass mayo jars for drinking cups poor... with no cable and A/C in the younger days... and Mathis Lake was a going out of town vacation.  But, I wouldn't change a thing.  In fact, my parents both are kicking ass and taking names now... the fact that they waited for us (me and my brother Rey, you'll meet him later) to grow up to be living a better life kinda tells me we were probably part of the problem, ha.  I loved my little life though.  It was very simple.  There were hard times, but what's funny is that I never complained.  I mean, I was always wishful that we could have certain things, but I can't say I ever made it tougher for my parents by acting like a little selfish asshole like you see nowadays.  If it's one thing that I could easily say was worth more then anything monetary or materialistic, it's that the little simple life I lived gave me the awesome gift of humbleness.  Humbleness in my opinion is the golden egg of life. A humble person will always be satisfied.  Some people's stomachs are never full, they always want more... and no, that's not a good thing.  To me it's not.  There has to be a goal.  I'm not saying to aim low, but I will say aim for comfort.  Life is ridiculously short.  Don't die hungry.  And it would really suck to bite the dust before the finish line.  This is leading somewhere I promise.  I don't question anyone with rich success. In fact, many can qualify as role models.  I mean, you don't want your kid to point at the weird dude at the street corner and say he wants to be like him.  I just question people who are going back to the buffet with a full plate, generally speaking.  But I guess there are only certain things that make them happy.

I'm comfortable.  I'm not at all saying I've plateau'd, but I'm very happy with where I'm at.  Sure I have bills, student loans, mortgage, etc., but I'm comfortable.  And it's crazy because I realize that I'm still young and hopefully will continue to achieve success.  Being happy is hard for a lot of people it seems.  There's a lot of "feel sorry for me" attitude out there.  There's a lot of spoiled brats in the world.  There's definitely a giant herd of whiners.  All of these people can suck the energy from just about anything.  Shit, sometimes you just gotta take a step back and think to yourself... is it really that bad?  Well, that's where my childhood comes in as my wingman.  And if you're thinking that I'm going to say that I'm grateful I'm not as poor as I once was, think again.  I could give a shit.  I look back to my childhood and see how fucking awesome my family was and still is.  There is always going to be a chance to be poor again.  That's when having a bad ass family as a safety net comes in handy.  I'm going to let you in on something here.  My most happiest, securest, and influential moments when I was younger was when my parents would hug and give each other a kiss.  That's why I'm always sure to let my boys see how much I love their mom.  They need to learn how to love first before they learn to make a living.

So there's my nutshell.  There's the basic architecture of my cool little life.  I'll get to some juicier stuff in my future blogs... perhaps. Stay humble my friends.  I definitely have more coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. I can certainly admire your character Aaron. You truly are a man of substance. It's awesome to see you are grateful for the things that matter most in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L.O.V.E. IT!!! lol Sounds alot like my upbringing, except the mom and dad part :(
    But can I tell you, I absolutely LOVE they way you love my cousin and your babies! It's amazing to me how grounded you are and how wonderful you speak of your life now with your wife and kids. There aren't many men who 'have their shit together'. You are an amazing man and we are lucky to have you in our family! keep up the blog- great stuff. xoxo ~annamarie

    ReplyDelete